The Student Affairs Department organized a workshop entitled "New Aspects of Volunteer Work" in cooperation with the Taawon network. Taawon is a youth organization dedicated to training and qualifying volunteers according to an interactive training curriculum. It is also responsible for supervising the completion of the Volunteer Work Award included in the "We Are Oman" Award program. The workshop took place on Monday, February 5, 2024, and was delivered by Mr. Habib AL Lawati. The workshop covered several topics, including:
* Definition of a volunteer and essential volunteer skills
* Different types of volunteers
* Exploring the latest developments in volunteer work aligned with Oman Vision 2040
* Examining the impact of volunteering on volunteers
* Discussion of award conditions, registration procedures, and evaluation criteria
Additionally, the workshop included practical exercises in which 60 students participated. These exercises aimed to identify the skills that volunteers should possess.